migration destroyed my distribution lists

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:02:32 UTC 2010

On Friday 19 February 2010 11:48:01 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> One final question. Is there a way (on an IMAP account) to completely
> delete a  message by default without sending it to Trash. Shift-Delete
> does work but I would like plain Delete to do the same thing.

I put a Delete icon on my toolbar - the action doesn't have an associated
icon, IIRC, so you have to attach one.  Mine is the red X.  I don't think
there's any way you could define Delete to do this, as a keyboard shortcut
would affect all delete actions.

I'm assuming that it's only certain things you want to completely delete like
this.  If you want all deletes to be permanent, you can set local trash to
empty on exit, but this doesn't work for IMAP trash.  You can, though, put an
expiry of 1 day on the IMAP trash folder.

None of which are exactly what you wanted, but one of them might be sufficient
for you.

KDE Community Working Group