Lost all print ability

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:18:54 UTC 2010

Desperate plea for help!  For several days now I haven't been able to print
anything at all.  I've removed hplip and reinstalled it.  Run hp-setup and got
both printers recognised.  Checked CUPS settings.  At the end of that neither
of the printers can do anything.  Print jobs go, but the printer then pauses
with the report "/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoraster failed".

I'm now desperate.  There are so many things that depend on printing.  What
could possibly be wrong?

KDE Community Working Group