Regular users happy with KDE 4.4.0 SC?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Feb 25 03:35:08 UTC 2010

On 02/24/2010 08:59 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:

>> systemsettings (advanced tab) ->  desktop search
>> to check for sure.
>>

> It is unchecked on mine (no I didn't just uncheck it, it was unchecked
> the whole time).
>
> However I still get the nepomuk warning box on each login. What is
> this directory that I have to rename again?

OK, akonadi complains about nepomuk indexing being unavailable.  There's
2 causes for this.

1.  (most likely) nepomuk is simply disabled.  This is (still) the
default for < F-13

2.  nepomuk is enabled, but failed to start for some reason.  One reason
for this is a database upgrade/migration failure.  This is what is
currently documented on userbase.kde.org.

-- Rex