Why is kleopatra using pinentry-gtk2 and why doesn't it work for me?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:27:12 UTC 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 08:15:10 Ryan Rix wrote:
> On Wed 13 January 2010 4:52:37 pm Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Its "feature" to capture keyboard focus for security reasons might be
> > misbehaving in KDE.
>
> I know it's a pain in the &*#$^ when I click away from it and can't alt-tab
> back, end up having to close/minimize ten windows to get to it, because it
> somehow ends up at the bottom of the stack. That's always fun.

Grabbing screen focus as well as keyboard focus would certainly help, I think.
I know I have often wondered why nothing was happening, only to realise that
pinentry was awaiting input, somewhere behind the windows I wanted to use.  I
could have sworn, though, that pinentry used to be always-on-top.

KDE Community Working Group