kde3 changes made which result in crashes for apps like ktechlab and piklab ?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Jan 16 12:30:55 UTC 2010

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> It was reported to me that ktechlab and piklab(both still using kde3
> libs) are crashing upon launch on F-12. I confirm those crashes and I
> suggest it's some modifications you made to the fedora kde3 libs. Both
> ktechlab and piklab still have a long way before we see a stable qt4
> version of each, hence I would appreciate if you can look why these
> apps are failing to pull proper kde3 libs.

How recent are these problems?  Any open bugs?

I see than recently issued a security update for kdelibs3:

%changelog
* Mon Dec 07 2009 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> - 3.5.10-21
- fix security issues in libltdl bundle within kdelibs CVE-2009-3736
- backport upstream patches
- patch autoconfigury to build with autoconf >= 2.64 (Stepan Kasal)

I try things out.

-- Rex