Switch User still broken

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Thu Jan 28 04:24:16 UTC 2010

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote, On 01/27/2010 11:43 AM:
> KDE 4.3.4, F12.
>
> IIRC the "Switch User" function hasn't worked for me in any version of
> KDE 4. I just get a blank pop-pup window with nothing to select except
> the "Close" widget.
>
> Is this a known problem or is it yet another consequence of incompatible
> config files between versions?
>
> poc

Basically worked for me except using crtl-alt-F8 to get back to original
login put just a couple of white squares on a black screen. From there
ctrl-alt-F7 brought me back to where I was. From there I had to use the
switch-user gui to get back to original login.

This is rc2 (4.3.95). So gui method works OK but ctrl-alt-F keys is flaky.

-gene