kdepim4.5

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 3 18:15:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Eli Wapniarski <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 July 2010 16:05:13 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
>> On 07/03/2010 09:59 AM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>> <snip>

>> > But it isn't going to be released with kde 4.5. Only a later version and
>> > we're testing kde 4.5 over here. Not kde 4.5.1 or 2 or whatever.
>>
>> qt 4.7 is in unstable. It is not going to be released with kde 4.5
>> either. I think you are missing the point of kde-unstable.
>>

> Fine. K. then. I guess I am getting confused. But that means that I will not
> always know what package goes with what package which means that I will not be
> able to rely on the relative stability of whats coming out of kde-redhat.

Look Eli, if you want stable or relatively stable, then keep your
fingers off of -testing and -unstable in general. Both says clearly
what you get. The first stuff you can test with no big risk and the
latter *unstable* stuff. Depends on what it is, you might have to deal
with crashes and other problems.

If you're not willing/able to deal with it, just keep it *disabled*.
That's totally fine. Some people want it, some not.

> Bummer really since I've been with the repo for a very very long time. Bummer,
> because I won't have the resources to be able to help, what little I can,
> because I'm never going to be sure of how tight the integration between all
> the packages are going to be in the repo that they're sitting in. Bummer since
> kde-redhat has become an extension of the kde release cycle rather than the
> kde packaged for fedora release cycle. I guess that once 4.5 goes gold I will
> have to rely only on Fedora's stable packaging. I guess that's OK, because I
> know that the final product when its finally going to be released is going to be
> great. Really a bummer for me though, because I have enjoyed very much
> watching how each full release has progressed over time.

I really don't understand that. Nothing changed in kde-redhat.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium