KDE 4.4, anyone got CPU scaling support?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Tue Mar 2 22:39:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've noticed that with a fresh Fedora install of KDE 4.4, PowerDevil
is saying that my system does not support CPU scaling. However, I do
have acpi_cpufreq, cpufreq_ondemand, etc loaded, and the cpufreq
command works from the terminal (as root).

So, before I log a bug, does anyone have a KDE 4.4 install where
PowerDevil *does* report support for CPU scaling?

System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Power Management -> Capabilities
(check "scaling capability").

Thanks,
Chris