Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:57:06 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 15:17:24 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2010 15:05:29 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > >
> > > The people who only got the message once might be using duplicate
> > > filtering.
> >
> > Hardly. I'm not even on the devel list, so that wouldn't explain it in
> > my case.
>
> +1

I didn't receive the original message either. The thread on KDE list started
with

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2010-May/006937.html

which is a reply to the Kevin's post that actually *didn't* arrive to the KDE
list. Patrick was just the first one to say it.

I don't remember seeing the original post, and cannot find it in the KDE list
archives ( http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2010-May/thread.html
). So the problem lies either with the mailing system of the KDE list, or it
is someone's mistake. But not Patrick's, nor Anne's nor mine. I am not on the
devel list, and was just about to complain about trimming the unseen original
message in Guido's reply, but Patrick beat me to it. Then I thought that he
will get it resolved and that someone will eventually produce a link to the
original message, but instead he gets accused that it's his fault. It isn't, I
am seeing the same issue, and you folks are beating him over a legitimate
problem. The original Kevin's post just DID NOT ARRIVE TO KDE LIST !!! If you
are sure it did, produce a link to it, please!

And this has nothing to do with filtering, not in my case at least.

I don't mind cross-posting, but if you are sending your reply to a list that
didn't receive the original, I would appreciate to quote the original in full,
or at least send a link to it, so that we can read it and understand the
context of the reply.

Now, Arthur eventually posted a link to the original message (from the *devel*
list) in http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2010-May/006949.html ,
but that is beside the point here. So please stop blaming Patrick for this, it
is either the OP's fault or of the mailing system for the KDE list.

HTH, :-)
Marko