Dbus upgrade?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Oct 7 18:16:32 UTC 2010

Clemens Eisserer wrote:

>> IMO, miniscule.  As I understand it, the required dbus upgrade changes
>> it's (runtime?) semantics slightly, and could cause other ill
>> side-effects.
>
> Well but without libdbus-1.4 working with KDE-4.5 is really painful.
> Crashing kde components (dolphin, plasma) and Dolphin hangs are quite
> common.

In fairness,

1. the issues you raise aren't particularly specific to kde-4.5, 4.4 also
suffers as well.

2. the items hit the most are disabled by default, like
 a. the krunner nepomuk plugin
 b. dolphin's nepomuk-related panel/pane (forget what it's called exactly).

a/b are the only examples that I'm aware of that we've documented.  If there
are others, please do enlighten us, so we can also track those issues as
well.

-- Rex