reusing mount points

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 01:13:16 UTC 2010

  On 10/18/2010 08:21 PM, Dj YB wrote:

> my question is, is there a way to force using the same mount point even if the
> directory already exists?
You can add an entry in /etc/fstab file to specify a mount point.

Some possible complications here:

Do you want *one* particular device to be mounted at the same mount
point all the time?
Or do you want that *any* USB device be mounted at the same mount point?

If it's the former, add a line in /etc/fstab:
/dev/disk/by-label/<label>    /media/usb-device           auto
defaults,user,noauto    0 0

If it's the latter, then if you have two USB devices plugged in, where
should they be mounted?

Syam