Beware of KDEPIM 4.4.93 in kde-unstable

moabi2000 moabi2000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:30:21 UTC 2010

yum downgrade kdepim

Phew! got control of my computer back. Not sure what kmail-akonadi
were doing (even with nepomuk turned off), but this made my computer
completely unusable and I had to hard reboot a couple of times.

I was able to try a few things and report a few bugs, including a few
crashes, but to be honest, I don't think this really counts as beta
software yet as the core functionality doesn't seem to be working yet.
I have only maildirs, with less than 10k messages in each folder,
which is far less complicated than many setups I know of, but kmail
totally choked on it. It seems pointless to take the time to report
such basic flaws as bugs.

On the good side, the downgrade was straightforward and no data lost.

Is it safe to remove the akonadi data in .local/share? I don't want to
lose my contact info.

I strongly recommend to anyone wanting to test this to do so with a
copy of their data on a separate physical machine as for me it stopped
me doing anything else as well. I will try again in a month or so I
guess.

Still - many thanks Rex for making this available.

cheers
M.