KMail2 is getting better.

Anoop anoop.chargotra at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:24:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Martin Kho <lists.kho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't know if some one else is still fiddling with KMail 2, but I think it's a
> lot better usable now. At least, it doesn't 'eat babies' anymore :-)
> I'm using KMail2 as part of KDE 4.5.1-2 (F15, rawhide), in 'IMAP-mode'
> (gmail). Of course there are some issues:
>
> 1. Notifications are rather paranoia. Notifications appear at random, telling
> that there are new messages but there aren't.
> 2. Switching from one folder to another doesn't activate latest read message
> in that folder.
> 3. Selecting a To: recipient from the contacts list doesn't show up in the To:
> field of the New mail compose window.
>
> Does anyone else experience this or have any other experiences?
Yes.
1. I use multiple folders and for me switching to a different folder
is taking time. Kmail loads messages again, which takes time.
2. Filters are not working always. My messages are in inbox and I need
to run filters again to move the messages to the respective folders.
3. Searches on tags, Important, To Do doesn't work.
4. Though all messages are read in a folder. But kmail still shows
that I have few messages unread.

I am using gmail pop and running kmail from kde-unstable.

Thanks,
Anoop