KAddressBook problem

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Mon Nov 14 14:37:04 UTC 2011

måndag 14 november 2011 skrev Timothy Murphy:
> Jan Simonson wrote:
> > I have tested F16 during the last month or so and after a last minute
> > update (http://bugzilla.redhat.com/749618) it now works very well. The
> > trick for me has been to NOT let the system do the migration. Instead I
> > have exported all my
> > contacts in F14, renamed ~/.local/share/contacts/ to something else  and
> > reimported the contacts later into F16. That's quickly done and F16 can
> > start with a clean slate without all the migration problems discussed on
> > this list.
>
> Haven't you found any problems with KMail2 under Fedora-16?

Not so far. On the other hand it's still only on my virtual machine. But there I
have used it for a couple of group mails and that worked without any problems.
Then again I haven't migrated any mail and this of course was a clean install.
Might be different if you upgrade an old install.

Right now I'm contemplating if I shall try to upgrade my F14 main machine or do
a clean install when I take the big dive. Anyway I will export all my mail
(several GB) folder for folder, rename my maildir, ~/.local and ~/.kde out of
the way, upgrade/install F16, configure kmail and then reimport the mail. Some
work, but in this way I hope to avoid all migration problems and get a clean
system.

Jan
--
Jan Simonson