Digikam 2 for Fedora 14?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sat Sep 10 09:25:15 UTC 2011

On 09/10/2011 01:43 AM, Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
> Thanks for detailed answer. I was hoping this might just be the case of building the package but the
> case being as it is I see why it's a pain to do staying compliant with Fedora policies.
>
> Regards,
> Dariusz

I can understand your frustration but IMHO the sentence above is unfair.

If any package was allowed to bundle any library can you imagine what
would be the maintenance burden?

Since the developers time is limited there are trade-offs to be done and
the priority was to stabilise the changes in kde-4.7 since the packages
framework behind has changed.

--
José Matos