Nightmare in PIM-land

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Apr 25 22:55:23 UTC 2012

Anne Wilson wrote:

>> Sadly, it is impossible to add a Contact to a Group in an Address Book;
>> it appears for a few seconds, then disappears.
>> I see that this has already been reported to the KDE Bugzilla
>> (bug 294556 "Can't add Kontacts to a Group in Kadressbook");
>> I've added a comment confirming the problem.
>>
> I'm back in Mageia now, so got a chance to test 4.8.2.  I was almost
> right about the process, it's right click on the group name, Edit the
> group, then a window should open for editing.

Are you sure?
I just checked this on my laptop.
If I right-click on the group name in an addressbook
I'm offered three choices:
New Contact, New Group and Edit Group.
If I click on New Contact, a window opens as you say,
but if I add a contact it appears in the address book, but not in the group.
If I click on Edit Group I can add a contact to the group,
but (bizarrely) it disappears after a few seconds.

> The good news, though, is that the group did still have contacts
> listed that I entered some months back.  At one time it used to lose
> them regularly, so it looks as though at at least is improved.

Not in my case;
there seems to be no way of adding a contact permanently to a group.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net