Nightmare in PIM-land

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:12:59 UTC 2012

On 23 April 2012 12:42, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at alice.it> wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> To add an address you should be able to click on the empty space in the
>> Group popup and paste in addresses - when completion is working again in
>> 4.9 that will be easier.
>
> Sadly, it is impossible to add a Contact to a Group in an Address Book;
> it appears for a few seconds, then disappears.
> I see that this has already been reported to the KDE Bugzilla
> (bug 294556 "Can't add Kontacts to a Group in Kadressbook");
> I've added a comment confirming the problem.

I'm back in Mageia now, so got a chance to test 4.8.2.  I was almost
right about the process, it's right click on the group name, Edit the
group, then a window should open for editing.  Sadly I have to report
that it crashed KMail when I tried it.

The good news, though, is that the group did still have contacts
listed that I entered some months back.  At one time it used to lose
them regularly, so it looks as though at at least is improved.

I've commented on the bug report you mentioned.