Kde Startup delays for 10 - 20 seconds with nepomuk enabled

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Wed Aug 8 08:30:37 UTC 2012

Am 08.07.2012 22:11, schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Hallo
>
> If I enable nepomuk I have up to 20 seconds delay after the splash sceen
> vanishes. The Desktop shows up as normal and I plasma reacts almost
> normal but no action takes place. The startup sound sequence is delayed
> for the same time.
>
> All mouse actions are cached, so after about 20 seconds the startup
> sound plays and the actions are executed (konsole starts,
> firefox/thunderbird start ...).
>
> If I disable nepomuk the I can use the desktop as soon as the desktop is
> shown.
>
> Anyone seeing this as well? Any hints or solutions?

So a follow up on this:

There are two parts: the nepomuk delay is caused by the session
management which tries to start the nepomukservicestub without
parameter. This failed and leads to a delay of a few seconds everytime
it was tried (five times on my system). Adding
"nepomukservicestub,/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub" to the session
management exclude list fixed this for me.

The pulse audio stuff is mostly gone. Every now and then I have the
delay but I can live with it for now.

Regards
Martin