Instant messaging application for KDE 4.9

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 02:56:53 UTC 2012

On 08/26/2012 03:57 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Sonic wrote:
>> At first I thought it might've been replaced by some other Telepathy
>> client app.
> FYI, Kopete is not a Telepathy client app, it has its own implementation of
> the protocols. Kopete was developed long before Telepathy.

Well, that's what I meant. I've been hearing about Telepathy for a long
time and I thought KDE had finally dropped Kopete and switched to some
Telepathy based client. Didn't just guess its name was "ktp*".

Anyway, I tried ktp and it crashes immediately after connecting. Kopete
used to work perfectly. I'm not very active with chat, so I didn't
investigate further.

Syam