Instant messaging application for KDE 4.9

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at uit.no
Wed Aug 29 09:01:12 UTC 2012

On Sunday, August 26, 2012 08:26:53 Sonic wrote:
> On 08/26/2012 03:57 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Sonic wrote:
> >> At first I thought it might've been replaced by some other Telepathy
> >> client app.
> >
> > FYI, Kopete is not a Telepathy client app, it has its own implementation
> > of
> > the protocols. Kopete was developed long before Telepathy.
>
> Well, that's what I meant. I've been hearing about Telepathy for a long
> time and I thought KDE had finally dropped Kopete and switched to some
> Telepathy based client. Didn't just guess its name was "ktp*".
>
> Anyway, I tried ktp and it crashes immediately after connecting. Kopete
> used to work perfectly. I'm not very active with chat, so I didn't
> investigate further.

Thanks for this info, this thread brought the ktp-line of packages to my
attention and to much delight it works with our jabber server which kopete
doesn't.  But, to my suprise when I try to open a chat through the contact
list plasma applet it starts empathy-chat which is a gnome app.  Any hints on
what I'm missing here?  Is there a "pure" KDE solution?

I'm still on KDE 4.8.5.

r.