apps in menu configured to start as root no longer do

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Fri Dec 21 14:31:19 UTC 2012

Apps such as Krusader-root-mode and Ksystemlog  which are configured to
run as root will no longer start. I'm running F18 TC1 but I decided to
ask here first as I've seen this behavior before with KDE menu items,
but can't remember the fix. Normal behavior is to get an authorization
dialog and after entering the root password, the apps would start. This
was working yesterday. Now, I just get the spinning wheel in the task
bar for a few moments and then nothing. I've looked at logs but I can't
find any evidence of why this is failing. If I run the same commands
from the command prompt as root, they open just fine.
--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA