Install Plasma Resources???

Rex Dieter rdieter at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 26 02:53:10 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 07:10 PM, Lester M Petrie wrote:
> I installed F18 last week, and now when I log in, I get a pop up message
> box with the subject as the title.  The top line then says "Plasma
> requires an additional service for this operation".  Then there is an
> icon with "script engine" out to the side

We (Kevin Kofler in particular)implemented this feature to install
plasma data and script engines on-demand via PackageKit,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Plasma_PackageKit_Integration

So, apparently you had some plasma resource (applet, or whatever) that
needed something not currently installed, but apparently it couldn't be
found.

-- rex