Install Plasma Resources???

Lester M Petrie lmpetrie at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 26 01:10:30 UTC 2013

I installed F18 last week, and now when I log in, I get a pop up message
box with the subject as the title.  The top line then says "Plasma
requires an additional service for this operation".  Then there is an
icon with "script engine" out to the side.  Finally, at the bottom, it
says "The following service is required. Do you want to search for this
now?", and a Continue button and a Cancel button.  When I click on the
Continue, it comes back with "Failed to search for Plasma service" as
the top line, and a big yellow triangle with "Could not find service in
any configured software source"  There is a Close button that deletes
the message box.  What is it looking for?  What do I do to make it quit
coming up?  The only other strange thing that I observe that might
possibly be connected is that when I try to start yumex, it fails with a
message
YUM: The value for the SHELL variable was not found the /etc/shells file

/etc/shells has all the entries that are in it on another machine where
yumex works.
--
Lester M Petrie