USB problems KDE-4.10/F18

Jimstaffer jimstaffer at yosj.com.au
Thu Feb 28 22:21:52 UTC 2013

I've got what appears to be the same issue - this time with F19 x86_64 on KDE
4.9 - which is AFAIK the latest on the standard repo. I read about a guy who had
the same issue on KDE 4.9 on osuse12.2 too.

I have a laptop and a tower - both with identical rpms installed, and they both
used to work fine on F16, but the both exhibit this misbehavour in F18.

Oddly, my Sony camcorder is detected, but my Galaxy S2 phone isn't.

I don't understand why you're on 4.10. Are you on a beta release?