KMail and akonadi (possible solution)

Roy Dragseth roy.dragseth at uit.no
Thu Nov 28 09:02:48 UTC 2013

I also had huge problems with kmail the last week after the last update of KDE
(I'm running from the stable repo).  The KDE update happened at the same time
as wi moved to Exchange 2013 so I wasn't sure who to blame.  The symptoms were
the same as mentioned on this list "Retrieving folder contents..." would take
forever and timeouts to the exchange server. The only thing that would help
for a while was to go offline/online.

Today I discovered that the "Mail filter"-something was the one to blame.
Looking at Settings->Configure Filter i found an <unknown> entry, I removed it
and voila, kmail was suddenly back to speed again.  I do not use Mail filters,
but might have toyed with it sometime in the past.

What a relief!  Working with Outlook Web Access for a week felt like having at
least one arm tied behind my back...

r.