virtuoso taking too much cpu time

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Tue Oct 29 17:53:53 UTC 2013

For the last month or so I am having the problem that virtuoso-t is hogging the cpu even when file and email indexing are suspended.

My main issue was that mail reading under kmail got really slow and while searching on the net for it I did not got any clue of how to see what virtuoso was doing and how to fix this issue.

Today I deactivated desktop search in system settings and now reading email got fast (and usable) again.

I am writing this message hoping that someone has an hint how to fix/debug this.

Regards,
--
José Abílio