Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 13:30:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-12-13 at 01:14 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> But your concern is also an important point. These "products" are
> fragmenting Fedora for no good reason, and actually confusing users.

I think the confusion arises from the term "product". I've no idea what
it's supposed to mean. OTOH "spin" isn't very clear to the newbie user
either. That said, some such term to indicate typical configurations of
Fedora is a useful idea. I well remember the tedium of installing the
DVD version and wading through a seemingly interminable series of menus
about exactly which packages I wanted. Having access to that level of
detail is useful for some, but most people would probably prefer not to
have to do it except at the outermost level, especially if they're
newbies. I think that's what the various "products" are trying to
achieve, though the results are less than ideal at the moment.

poc