Fedora Plasma Product announcement

Brad Hubbard bhubbard at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 05:34:45 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 12:01 PM, Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2014 23:01:48 Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
>
>> Does Kvkbd (yum install kvkbd) satisfy your needs or did you have
>> anything else in mind?
> Maliit is the default keyboard in Plasma Active since its last release.
> Plasma 2 merges Plasma Active and its technologies into Plasma
> Desktop/Netbook. Unless things have changed that I'm not aware of, Maliit will
> have to be packaged for Fedora anyway because of that.

Right, but not presage which provides the text prediction/correction
capability which is needed in a modern on-screen keyboard.

I'm working on packaging presage now and also doing the minor coding to
integrate it with Maliit on Fedora. The bulk of the work was done some
time ago by Michael Hasselmann to get this working but it has never made
it into Fedora.

--

Kindest Regards,

Brad Hubbard