Looking for a change

c. marlow chris at marlows.org
Sun Mar 30 01:47:15 UTC 2014

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 09:04:17 A Ed Greshko wrote:

On 03/30/14 08:36, c. marlow wrote:

    Could you define what you mean by "a bit harder"?

But I have one friend telling me SUSE and I        am wanting to try Fedora.
is one easier than the other to learn        coming from the buntus?

    I've used both openSuse and Fedora.  I never quite got comfortable    with
their package management utils.  They weren't bad I just felt    they were a
bit harder to figure out.

    I also prefer the way 3rd party repos are handled in
Fedora...especially when it comes to *gasp* nVidia drivers.

    Both are RPM based distros which are more familiar to me since I've
been a Red Hat user for a long time.

    My "advice" would be to create a Fedora and Suse VM in your current
environment and experiment to see which one you feel meets your    needs.

--
      Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts

I just mean... Been using UBUNTU so long now.... I know its quirks and what
works and doesnt work and I am ready to learn something a bit more complicated
so I dont feel I am on the " FISHER PRICE" OS ( the noobie one) as some might
say

Christopher