Removing disable idle system screenlock as default behaviour for Plasma 5

Rex Dieter rdieter at unl.edu
Thu Apr 23 12:55:02 UTC 2015

First off, thanks for the discussion.  However, one thing I've learned when dealing with setting defaults is this:  best practice is to never use yourself as anecdotal evidence. :)

Now, instead of disabling screenlock timeouts altogether, perhaps we could find a compromise...

I agree that the default screenlock timeout of 5 minutes does seem a bit short, would anyone be averse to considering increasing this ammount to say 10 or 15 minutes?  Would that help satisfy concerns that prompted this thread?

-- Rex