Removing disable idle system screenlock as default behaviour for Plasma 5

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:56:03 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-27 at 12:37 +0100, Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> As for longer online videos --- when I need to watch YouTube material
> that is, say, 1 hour long (a lecture or some such), I typically use
> youtube-dl to download the thing locally, and then play it in mplayer.
> For my usecase, this is much more convenient, because:
>
> * UI is more comfortable than html could ever provide (seek, pause,
>   window size and fullscreen, loop, timestamps, brightness,
>   contrast, ...);
> * the video is usually worth keeping for watching more than once later
>   on;
> * no need to keep a bunch of YouTube tabs open in firefox (it gets
>   bloated really fast), or maintaining bookmarks or such;
> * the video can be watched offline (while in the train or an
> airplane);
> * there is no risk that the owner may delete the video from their
>   YouTube account and make it unavailable.

All true. I generally use the browser as these are typically sequences
of multiple videos that link together, but it's true that viewing them
offline makes them easier to pause and continue later. YouTube has
adopted the annoying habit of starting the video (from the beginning) as
soon as you open the tab, even if it's restoring a browser session from
earlier.

poc