New default web browser on KDE Spin

Markus Slopianka kamikazow at gmx.de
Sat Aug 1 21:02:28 UTC 2015

On Saturday 01 August 2015 08:58:44 Gerald B. Cox wrote:

> But moving back from the lurch into the pedantic, my point was that it's
> extremely
> easy to install and use whatever applications you want - and if you're
> unhappy with
> the performance or capabilities of an application, that should be discussed
> upstream.

QtWebKit and KHTML are both unmaintained and insecure.
I find it absolutely puzzling that some here argue for insecure defaults for
web browsers but opening a few ports to make KDE Connect work out of the box
is apparently out of the question security-wise...

Why are insecure and unmaintained browsers even on the table as defaults?