New default web browser on KDE Spin

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 11:27:12 UTC 2015

On 1 August 2015 at 19:32, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
> Gerald B. Cox ha scritto:
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
>> <mailto:luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>> wrote:

>> If KDE (or again whatever it's called) wants to get out of
>> the browser business, that's fine;
>> but it needs to be stated and not on some mailing list.  Put it on the webpage
>> for Konqueror.
> This is not about going out of browser business.
>

>> That all said, I get the point about KDE Plasma Workspaces and KDE Applications;
>> for the purposes of this thread however, it's a distinction without a difference.
>
> I disagree; if you want the best desktop, so Plasma, experience, the current
> kdelibs4 Konqueror is not so different from Firefox or rekonq.

While we decide what exactly constitutes a desktop environment (which
in linux has traditionally meant a suite of applications as well as
the window manager), I went back to konqueror to see why I stopped
using it and was reminded that even https://start.fedoraproject.org/
renders wrongly.

--
imalone