New default web browser on KDE Spin

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 2 20:54:30 UTC 2015

Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> 4) The video codecs issue, even if this bug get fixed, no foreseeable VP9
> decoding in Konq, VP9 is about 60% the size of VP8 at the same quality and
> is supported in Firefox ans MSE is being worked on.

Support of VP9 itself, if not already there, is a trivial one-line addition
to the hardcoded codec list. (GStreamer support for it should already be
there.)

Support for VP9 on YouTube is a different matter because Google arbitrarily
decided to require MSE for it. There is nothing we can do about that
decision. Complain to Google.

        Kevin Kofler