Pros / Cons: Replacing Konqueror with Firefox

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Aug 6 19:53:04 UTC 2015

Gerald B. Cox wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:01 PM, g
> <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> with all the problems that mozilla is going thru with firefox, why
>> do you want to cause problems?
>> firefox is no longer #2 browser. gaagle chrome has kicked firefox's
>> butt an dropped it to #3.
>> many oos users are dropping firefox in favor of the new oos browser.
>> anyone who is unaware can run a web search on "web browser war" to find
>> out just what is happening.
>>
>> Well, I believe Rex was just being pragmatic - if you're going to switch,
> Firefox (for better
> or for worse) is really the only choice.

Indeed, I had to phrase it like this for some:

of the browsers available in fedora, which one is least bad?

> I really don't get the urgency or importance of this; I think there are
> bigger fish to fry.

Personally, I think it semi-important to ship the most reliable browser
available.  I'm not spending a lot of time on this however.  If this last
effort fails, I'll drop it.

Otherwise, feel free to suggest ways of making fedora or the kde spin
better.  I'd like to hear about these bigger fish of yours. Preferably
things that are as specific and as achievalble as possible  :)

-- Rex