Plasma Desktop - An internal system error has occurred.

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:35:14 UTC 2015

My system is up-to-date every day. Yesterday, right
after logging in and again today, right after logging
in, the following pop-up appeared on the screen, before
I did anything:

A problem that we were not expecting has occurred.
Please report this bug with the error description.

Details:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: The
remote application did not send  reply, the message bus
security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.

When this occurs, I am unable to do anything: no right
click on the desktop, the task bar is inactive and
unresponsive, but I can still use the active screen
edges to change virtual desktops. I click around,
repeatedly clicking on the application tabs on the task
bar, click the fedora 'f' a number of times, and
presto! Suddenly it all works again. I don't notice any
problems with the session until, presumably, the same
error upon the subsequent login.

Wha?