Transfering files between Fedora

Emilio Recio Emilio.Recio at jefferson.edu
Tue Oct 6 12:31:06 UTC 2015

Yeah, sshfs is your friend :) I use it all the time!

You can use Dolphin and do sftp://foo.example.com/home/bar/ (which is my
preferred method for /browsing/). You can also do that from any KDE/KIO
Slave application, which is soooo convenient.

Recently (last couple of years) I have just run the sftp:// when opening
files (e.g.: kate/kwrite/etc.) because Dolphin /copies/ the file with a
temp name, then opens it in kate ... then it /copies/ it back up to the
server. This method is kind of annoying when editing HTML/Programs/etc
that you then have to go to the server and run for testing.

The upside for the copying is that Dolphin helps in applications that do
not use kio_slave (e.g.: jedit (java), gnome apps) that need to open
remote files.

Just my $0.0199999

-e