Transfering files between Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Oct 6 19:28:45 UTC 2015

Emilio Recio wrote:
> Recently (last couple of years) I have just run the sftp:// when opening
> files (e.g.: kate/kwrite/etc.) because Dolphin /copies/ the file with a
> temp name, then opens it in kate ... then it /copies/ it back up to the
> server. This method is kind of annoying when editing HTML/Programs/etc
> that you then have to go to the server and run for testing.
>
> The upside for the copying is that Dolphin helps in applications that do
> not use kio_slave (e.g.: jedit (java), gnome apps) that need to open
> remote files.

The thing is, it should copy only for those applications that need it. The
.desktop file specifies whether an application accepts any URL (%u) or even
multiple ones (%U) or only a local file (%f) / local files (%F).

Doing the copy for applications declared to take one or more URL(s) is a bug
in Dolphin and should be reported at bugs.kde.org.

        Kevin Kofler