KMail

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Sat Oct 10 13:54:31 UTC 2015

On Saturday 10 Oct 2015 3:39:28 PM Timothy Murphy wrote:
> There used to be an option in KMail to download offline,
> which I take to mean while KMail is not running,
> but I don't see this now.
> I'm running KMail under Fedora-23beta/KDE .

There are two different options.

1. Continue to fetch emails when Kmail is shut. This can be found in
Settings>Configure Kmail>Accounts>Retrival Options.

2. There's option to download the emails in Settings>Configure
Kmail>Accounts>Select Account>Modify>Mail Checking Options.

> Also, I'm not really clear what KMail downloads
> from an IMAP server to a laptop?
> Is it just the headers, until the email is clicked to read?
> Or does it download all the recent email when KMail starts
> (or even earlier, if offline downloading is allowed)?

My understanding is it downloads the full email for offline usage.

That being said personally for me Kmail has stopped working. When I start
Kontact/Kmail it says network connectivity resumed but the accounts remain
offline. Emails are no longer fetched unless I manually force a refresh via
Ctrl+L.

--
Regards,
Sudhir Khanger,