KMail

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Oct 10 18:33:29 UTC 2015

Sudhir Khanger wrote:

>> There used to be an option in KMail to download offline,
>> which I take to mean while KMail is not running,
>> but I don't see this now.
>> I'm running KMail under Fedora-23beta/KDE .

> There are two different options.
>
> 1. Continue to fetch emails when Kmail is shut. This can be found in
> Settings>Configure Kmail>Accounts>Retrival Options.

Thanks for your response.

In Settings=>Configure KMail=>Accounts=>Retrieval I see 3 options:

A. Include in Manual Mail Check
B. Switch offline on KMail Shutdown
C. Check mail on startup

A is enabled by default; B and C are turned off (also by default).
I'm not quite sure what effect clicking B would have.
I assume it is better to leave it off?

> 2. There's option to download the emails in Settings>Configure
> Kmail>Accounts>Select Account>Modify>Mail Checking Options.

Thanks. I enabled the option
"Download all messages for offline use"
which I assume you are recommending.

--