Stepping down from KDE SIG

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 30 19:48:47 UTC 2015

Patrick O'Callaghan composed on 2015-10-30 19:26 (UTC):

> Matthew Miller wrote:

>> Of course, these numbers are based on downloads and mirror connections.
>> They don't really tell what people are actually _using_ once they've
>> done the downloads.

> Indeed. I have never installed the KDE Spin. I install the Workstation
> "product" (hate that name) and add the KDE Group. I use Evolution for mail
> (except today :-) so I need some of the Gnome stuff anyway. I still regard
> myself as a KDE user.

On all my own machines, I install whatever Anaconda presents as the most
minimal of bootable and networkable options, then add bits until I have
working minimal KDE, then add whatever apps I actually need. It's infrequent
that I install fresh, as I find live upgrading with yum/dnf less painful than
installation. When practical, I clone another installation rather than
installing.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/