Stepping down from KDE SIG

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Oct 31 01:11:48 UTC 2015

Am 30.10.2015 um 19:01 schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 01:38:45PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> The main statistic I would like to see is: what percentage of Fedora users
>> are opting for KDE over Gnome?
>
>  From our best analysis of Fedora 22 downloads, it's about:
>
>    68%   Fedora Workstation (which is of course GNOME based)
>    14%   Fedora Server (no GUI)
>     5%   KDE Spin
>     4%   Fedora Cloud (no GUI)
>     2.5% XFCE Spin
>     2.5% LXDE Spin
>     2%   Mate Spin
>     1%   Sugar
>    <1%   Everything else
>
> The KDE percentage was roughly the same in Fedora 20

all that numbers don't say anything about users

i never ever started a setup with the KDE spin but installed from the
full DVD, removed GNOME stuff and installed KDE, well that was many
years ago and since then i did not reinstall from scratch

on the other hand i have running a torrent server to help distribute
Fedora, all spins, non of that downloads mean that i ever used GNOME
while i know both, GNOME and KDE from version 1.0 in the 1990's