[Fwd: Testing the Current Upstream Kernel]

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 17:27:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 06:59:29PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

 > We mainly have three choices afaics:
 >
 >  * a repo on a account on people.redhat.com / people.fedoraproject.org

forget p.r.c, it has so many issues it's not worth the time to fight it.
p.fp.o has a number of advantages over it, and over time, I'll be
moving my existing stuff from the former to the latter.

 >  * directly from koji (e.g. build the vanilla kernel, but don't push it
 > to the proper repos)

not thrilled with this idea.

 >  * in the proper repo

Hmm. This would be great, but I think we may get some pushback on this
one. (Especially as kernel rpms are so big).

I'm thinking that a repo on people.fedoraproject.org is probably
the best of the bunch.

 > Maybe we should just try on rawhide first and look if many of such bugs
 > show up?
 >
 > > Once we have that figured out, regular builds and pushes are a breeze.
 >
 > Should we move this discussion to fedora-devel instead, so everyone can
 > participate?

I think most of the concerned parties (rel-eng, infrastructure etc) are
represented on this list already. but I've no objection.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk