thoughts on modules-extra subpackage...

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Dec 3 07:21:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 02:55:21PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> That said, this is a first cut at this stuff, and we may have made some mistakes.
> Look over mod-extras.txt, and if you see something you think is in error,
> let us know.

I see bridge was moved back to the main kernel package, thanks.  I'd
also like to see 8021q moved back.  NetworkManager is growing VLAN
support, and VLANs are also often used in virtualization environments.
Thanks.

Other than that, I'd question the yenta_socket move.  Do we really
want to stop supporting PC Card sockets in the installer?