yum and kernel-modules-extra

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:01:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I submitted an RFE (bug 770444) to include kernel-modules-extra in the
> default list of install only packages for yum.

The entire point of kernel-modules-extra is to get them out of the
default install.  If there are modules in that subpackage that are
needed by default, then they should be moved back to the main package.

Put it this way.  If it's installed by default, I'll just remove the
subpackage entirely because the cost of having the subpackage entirely
outweighs the benefits.

josh