Introducing.....

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 13:11:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:26 AM, vipin kumar <vipinkumar41 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> My name is Vipin and I am desperate to contribute to the kernel fedora
> project. I am using Linux since RH9 and fond of it, almost 6 years.
> Currently I am working for CDOT( www.cdot.com ) India, as a Research
> Engineer since Aug-2008. My expertise is in C/C++ and heavily interested in
> Networking and IPC related modules. I have already Designed and Implemented
> Network Management System for Telecommunication Networks, two time and have
> full Software Development Cycle knowledge. I am interested in
> Datastructures, Algorithms and Networking related stuff. I can work about
> 5-10 hours a week on projects. It will be great if someone can guide and
> provide pointers to get started to me.

The Fedora kernel doesn't really have a lot of separate development
done on it.  It is just a packaging of the upstream kernel project.
For that, you'd probably want to look at kernelnewbies.org or some
other similar effort.

The area in Fedora that needs the most help would be competent
triaging of bugs reported in bugzilla.redhat.com.

josh