Compilation error in kernel-2.6.35.10-74

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 21:35:52 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 01:12 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:
>> I swear we added pae bits in at some point, but
>> they sure don't seem to be there right now...
>>
> All this could easily be rectified by adding a line similar to the
> with/without debug for example and removing the hard-coded "with_pae"
> options which currently exist on line 221 onwards in the  kernel.spec

Well, guys, I am really tired of trying to make this work,
so I gave it up.
It seems to me that somehow, intentionally or not, the
spec file hinders rather than helps users like myself and
Mr Dasher Four.
I believe that there are many other silent ones who would
probably like to see a spec file without enforced defaults that
the user cannot override.

Cheers,

JD