Compilation error in kernel-2.6.35.10-74

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Fri Jan 7 21:38:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 09:12:58PM +0000, Mr Dash Four wrote:

> > I swear we added pae bits in at some point, but
> > they sure don't seem to be there right now...
> >
> All this could easily be rectified by adding a line similar to the
> with/without debug for example

Yes, that's what I was alluding to. I swear we *did* have those in the
kernel spec at some point, but of course, I can't find 'em... Oh hell.
Scratch that, I just found them. The additions I was thinking of are in
the RHEL5 kernel spec, but apparently never made it into the Fedora kernel
spec. I'll port them over.

> and removing the hard-coded "with_pae"
> options which currently exist on line 221 onwards in the  kernel.spec

Not exactly. We still need with_pae, but some of the logic around setting
or unsetting it needs to be adjusted slightly, so as to respect a
user-provided --with{,out}.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com