Fedora status overview (meeting cancelled today)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 4 18:07:23 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We don't have anything major to discuss today, so I'll give a brief
status update here.  If you have questions, feel free to ask away as
usual.

Rawhide:

- Currently at 3.12-rc3-git5 and chugging along.  Essentially business as usual.

F20:

- Currently at 3.11.3 and continuing on the 3.11.y stable series
- Bugs are starting to come in from F20 Alpha, but fewer than in past releases

F19:

- Currently at 3.11.3 and continuing on the 3.11.y stable series
- A large mass bug update for needinfo on the 3.11 rebase was done two
weeks ago.  Bugs still left in needinfo on Monday will be closed out
per process.  Hopefully that will clear up a lot of stale bugs and let
us focus on triage for the remaining ones.

F18:

- Currently at 3.10.13.  Should be rebased to 3.11.y next week or so.
- When 3.11.y hits updates-testing, we'll do the mass bug update here as well.
- Karma for F18 kernels is becoming difficult to come by again.  If
you're still running F18 somewhere, please test the updates and
provide feedback.  VM images are fine to test with.

Test Infrastructure:

- The kernel test harness code is now in a public git repo.  You can
find it here:
https://github.com/jmflinuxtx/kerneltest-harness.git

- We're working on packaging the kernel regression test suite in the
hopes of making it easier to run.  There may be possible Fedora Badge
integration at some point as well.