Silence advansys build time warning in Fedora's kernel build?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 23 11:49:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Paul Bolle <pebolle at tiscali.nl> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 12:13 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> On 01/23/2014 12:10 PM, Paul Bolle wrote:
>> > I think I've done enough to get this trivial patch noted by this
>> > driver's maintainer, and the SCSI people in general, haven't I?
>>
>> I'm not saying you haven't but in my experience for some low-profile patches,
>> the fix is to just poke upstream harder.
>
> Well, I really think advansys is de facto unmaintained. Another problem
> is that the SCSI people are rather good at ignoring (trivial) patches to
> drivers of, apparently, outdated hardware.

I'd send it to Andrew Morton with all the rest of the people on CC.
Make sure you explain that you've tried sending it to the SCSI people
several times without any reply.  Andrew will usually pick things up
if they look sane.  You might also consider marking the driver as
unmaintained in the MAINTAINERS file at the same time.

josh